BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast was selected from the Siebel Institute Culture Collection and is used by a number of commercial breweries to produce different types of ale.
- Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 4 days above 17 °C.
- Medium to high attenuation.
- BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast is a flocculent strain. Settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
- The aroma is slightly estery, almost neutral and does not display malodours when properly handled. It may tend, because of flocculation, to slightly reduce hop bitter levels
- Best when used at traditional ale temperatures after re-hydration in the recommended manner.